Friday, March 21, 2008

Recent pictures

I just upgraded my phone a week ago and it has a camera on it. Since I can upload pics to here via MMS, I've decided to do a picture a day.

The camera on a phone is a cheap little thing. The lens is tiny and wide-angled so that you never have to worry about focus. The images are a little soft. The shutter time is slow, so you get blurring.

Despite all that, I don't believe the tools dictate the quality of the picture just as having access to state-of-the-art technology didn't save Transformers from being a huge dung heap of a movie.

What I like the most is the immediacy of being able to make an image. I do have a nicer Nikon D70s, but due to the size and cost, I don't like the idea of taking it with me everywhere in Chicago. However, the cameraphone is in my pocket, ready to shoot whatever takes my attention. In it's own way, it's like a photographic documentary.

A picture a day. Enjoy them.

No comments: